There are two sides to every NBA Power Ranking: theFanalytical and the Fanatical. As a Miami HEAT blogger living on the east coast,MHI plays the fanatic and provides the slander. As a Denver Nuggets fan living west of the Mississippi River, the NBA Mistress plays the fanalyst to the Western Conference Playoffs. The roles are reversed for the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Western Conference Playoff RankingsMay
1. OKC Thunder: Thunder is just one game away from sweeping the Dallas Mavericks. Rest assured Cuban set this aged group up for failure. I assumed they would get at least one win, and they possibly could, but I am not betting on it.
MHI: Can the Nuggets stop holding up the Western Conference Semifinals everybody wants to see – Thunder-Lakers II: The Elbow Returns.
2. San Antonio Spurs: Spurs are two games away from a sweep.. I still presume that Popovich will rest his starters in Game 4, so Utah may still win a game by default.
MHI: If Pop rests his starters in Game 4… the Jazz will still lose by 15.
3. Los Angeles Lakers: Lakers should end this week with 2 additional wins and 1 loss. It’s always fun to see crestfallen Laker fans, though. The best thing OKC fans can do now, is to root for Denver to keep the series going as long as possible.
MHI: Andrew Bynum proved 1 thing in the 1st round of the playoffs – he’s not a dominant center.
4. Memphis Grizzlies: Grizzlies WILL take this series away from the Los Angeles team that really is the opening act of the Big Show.
MHI: I know you’re used to appreciating choke jobs as a Nuggets fan, but this is ridiculous. The series is 2-1 like I said it would be last week. The Grizzlies only have 1 win left in these playoffs.
5. Los Angeles Clippers: Despite MHI’s internal hatred for the Grizzlies and his affection for the gingered Blake Griffin, they won’t see past round one.
MHI: Foolish, fake ass fanalyst… The Clippers will end this series Friday night in Lob City. There WILL be posters…
6. Denver Nuggets: “Nuggets will be down 0-3″ So how about that, MHI???? Denver had a HORRIBLE Game 1, an improved Game 2, but shot less than 40% in Game 3, and still won.
MHI: The Jazz are the only team out West shooting worse than the Nuggets in the playoffs. I’m glad you enjoy watching rock fights. There is no dignity in defeat, just humiliation.
7. Utah Jazz: They may escape with one win, but at least they have some growing points to build on. However, now I understand MHI’s hashtag #GoldenShowerFans.
MHI: The point guards are old and washed up. Growing is the last thing they need.
8. Dallas Mavericks: Hopefully, Dallas lands Dwight or Deron. If not, they look rather foolish. *Note: Dallas was swept Saturday night. Yeah, they are a non mutha fuggin factor*
MHI: They look foolish either way. Tyson Chandler’s shut Dwight down when they played and Deron Williams is the Carmelo Anthony of point guards. Congratulations to Mark Cuban for being the West Coast’s James Dolan.