I play the fanalyst, who brings some common sense to ranking the Western Conference teams, while @Mia_Heat_Indec is the fan that brings the slander. I am a Denver Nuggets blogger from the Mile High and MHI is an East coast blogger who is infatuated with his Miami Heat. You can find the Eastern Conference rankings HERE.
1. San Antonio Spurs: This is the moment MHI has been waiting for – Spurs have finally took over that first spot. San Antonio is streaking again, but is it enough, if the Spurs saw Thunder in the WCF to win it all?? Could the Spurs beat the Thunder in 7 games?? Doubtfully
MHI: The Spurs are 1st in the West? It’s not that I’m psychic, I just know…
2. OKC Thunder: The Thunder have lost two games this week; one against the Heat and the Indiana Pacers…. I will repeat that, OKC lost to Indiana. The same Pacer team that NYK beat – twice. However, don’t get it twisted, this team can still dominate the West despite what Skip Bayless may try and tell you.
MHI: Thunder are just 2-3 in their last 5 games but the schedule gets easier with the Bucks, Clippers, Kings and Timberwolves next week.
3. Memphis Grizzlies: Despite what kind of crap MHI tries to feed you about Memphis, this team is on the up and up, and NO team wants to see them first round (Ask the Spurs). Oh, by the way, MHI, what happened to that Heat and Grizz game; I didn’t catch the score?
MHI: Memphis dick riders love to talk shit when the team is playing well… The Grizzlies had a good week, so what? They’re still just 2-10 against the Thunder (1-3), Spurs (0-3), Lakers (1-2) and Clippers (0-2) this season.
4. Los Angeles Clippers: Despite DeMarcus Cousins’ incessant whining, the Clippers are playoff bound and well the Kings….well viewers already know what they are bound for.
MHI: If the playoffs started today then Marc Gasol would be getting Blake-tized like his brother did.
5. Los Angeles Lakers: Yes, they are BARELY winning games over such opponents as the New Orleans Hornets, New Jersey Nets and the Clippers, this is true. However, they have a REAL issue with their infant, Andrew Bynum, as he’s becoming a detriment in the locker room and on the court. Will viewers see a repeat of the LAL in the playoffs like last season?
MHI: Haven’t the Nuggets lost to the Hornets twice this season? Back to the Lakers… One of the most surprising things from this season is the fact that Kobe restrained himself from annihilating his teammates and going Full Mamba. Incredible.
6. Dallas Mavericks: Dallas only earns this spot, because, logically I can not place the Rockets or Denver over them…….. that’s all I got.
MHI: Seeing the Mavs kick the Lakers out the playoffs again is ALMOST tempting enough for me to revoke my preseason prediction. Do you think Lamar Odom would be motivated for that series?
7. Houston Rockets: Despite what MHI said, Rockets were able to steal a VITAL win against a WC team; although I would love to see them tank.
MHI: Kyle Lowry’s stomach is STILL fucked up. There’s no way a team with Dragic, Kevin Martin, Chandler Parsons, Luis Scola and Marcus Camby should make the playoffs.
8. Denver Nuggets: Denver won enough games, Suns and Magic, to hang on to the 8th seed spot. Gallo is projected to return Monday vs. GSW, Denver has missed his offense desperately, and will this give them that extra push to make a playoff run??
MHI: There’s no way in HELL a team that lost to the Hornets twice can make the playoffs – it’s against the laws of basketball physics. The Jazz and Suns will take these last two playoff spots… eventually.