Since the NBA came back I have been swamped with blogging and forgot my Fan Spotlights last weel!!!! EXCUSES EXCUSES!!!! This week I am dishing up a double header!!!
Each week I will be spotlighting a fan I deem worthy of NBA fandom. This week I have chosen @dandemon426
1. What moment did the NBA sweep you off of your feet?
1982. Was a huge Dr. J fan, so I was big on the 76ers in the early/mid 80′s. I vividly remember watching the ’82 Finals and being heartbroken with the Sixers loss to the Lakers. Was elated that they beat the Lakers in 1983.
2. What team do you rep and for how long?
Hornets since they moved to New Orleans in 2002 but I must admit my loyalties have changed over the years: Sixers, MJ and the Bulls, and the Heat since 2005. Also had a brief thing for AI and the Sixers, CWebb and the Kings, and of course Jordan’s Wizards. Currently riding with LBJ, DWade and the Heat along with the Hornets.
3.Best moment as a fan?
Game 6 of ’98 Finals…MJ’s last shot as a Bull. No need to say anything else but #GOAT!
4. Worst moment?
4. 2011 Finals choke by the Heat is second to game 5 of East semifinals in 1994 – Hugh Hollins bad call against Scottie Pippen cost Bulls that series and likely appearance in Finals against the Rockets. Honorable mention goes to Trailblazers choking against Lakers in 2000 West Finals and Kings not finishing off Lakers in 2002.
5. Player, past or present, that you despise?
That Jordan wannabe but can/will never be Kobe Bryant. Even though he has matured to be more of a team player, I still can’t stand him.
6. C’mon, be honest, when was your last fight after an NBA game?
No post game altercations for me. Sorry to disappoint you! LOL! I got a half season package for the Hornets this year so I’ll work on that for you..
7. Stranded on a desert island, name 3 NBA players, past or present, you want with you?
LBJ, DWade, and CP3! Hangin’ with those youngsters and the faces of the NBA would be sweet!
Thank you for your participation! Be sure to follow @dandemon426 on twitter.
Until next time,